A Castor Pack involves placing a piece or cloth, that has been soaked in Castor Oil over your womb & ovaries. The pack is heated by a hot water bottle which helps the Castor Oil penetrate into your blood stream through your skin. A castor pack benefits us PCOS gals as it promotes circulation, which drives nutrient rich blood to our womb and ovaries. Castor Oil is also great for digestion & helps in eliminating toxins (which is great for our metabolism too!). Oh, and the Castor Pack ritual is so relaxing which will help to lower the stress levels in your body. Double win!!!
Create a Castor Pack ritual, where you get to unwind & create your own spa experience at home. I love to go to bed at least an hour earlier with a good book or magazine (I avoid using my phone or tablet during this time as it can be distracting and annoying). Do your best to create a relaxing spa experience at home, and make this time your to chill. Warn your family to leave you alone!
*** Word of Warning *** Castor oil is sticky & can be messy.
1. Get the vibes right in your bedroom, or whatever room you're doing your Castor Pack in. This is such a relaxing self treatment, so make sure the room is nicely set up before you get your Castor Pack vibes going. Plug in your diffuser, have your herbal tea & your book ready to go! Remember, once the pack is on, you won't want to have to get back up again.
2. Get your Castor Oil and Face cloth. Cover the whole face cloth in the castor oil (I always do this in a bowl, over the bathroom sink). Bring the bowl with you into your bedroom. Have your plastic bag, towel and toasty warm hot water bottle with you & get ready to indulge!!
3. Strip off your bottom half & get into bed. Make sure your tummy and pelvic area are completely bare.
4. I roll on a Women's essential oil Monthly blend called Clary Calm over my ovaries. It's absorbed through the skin. This blend is designed to balance women's hormones, and help with menstrual discomfort. You can get more information on this Essential Oil blend here.
5. Gently place the face cloth over your upper pelvis to cover your womb, ovaries & lower abdomen.
6. Place the plastic bag over the face cloth.
7. Cover the plastic bag with a towel.
8. Place the hot water bottle over the plastic bag.
9. Sit back, relax, unwind & enjoy your me time (30 minutes to an hour).
10. After you're finished with your pack, fold the face cloth in the plastic bag, place in a container and store in the fridge. You'll get 3 goes out of the same pack. The next time you go to use the pack, make sure you take it out 2 hours before you use it so it can reach room temperature. (Trust me, you don't want a cold castor pack... Crikey!!!!)
Enjoy every second of this treatment... It's a really positive thing to do for your mind, body & spirit, and of course it will help you glow from the inside out.
I'd love to hear how you get on with your castor pack, so please keep in touch XOXO
Note on quality
Always remember that all things are NOT made equal. Get a good quality Castor Oil. It can be cheaply & synthetically recreated at a much lower quality, so always go for an organic pure castor oil. I love the Pukka castor oil. The same applies to Essential Oils. Essential oils are not made equal. To get up to speed on essential oil quality, you can do your homework here. You can pick up your essential oils in the IndiGlow Gal shop, or get in touch for a personalised recommendation.
Alison (AKA IndiGlow Gal) was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago.